Check out the Q&A below, and be sure to check out DraftKings Sportsbook for all your betting needs this season.
1. The Steelers have secured yet another Mike Tomlin winning season. How does the fanbase feel about this?
I mean it’s something that’ll likely never be matched again. That said, it means nothing without playoff success. The Steelers haven’t won a playoff game since the 2016 season. I’d say most fans are past caring about the winning seasons streak.
2. What do you expect from the quarterback situation? Who do you believe would be the starter if the Steelers get into the postseason?
If Rudolph keeps playing well, there’s no reason to believe he wouldn’t be the starter should they get into the postseason. Which answers all the quarterback questions for me, personally. Pickett has been a tire fire since he’s been there. Bring Rudolph back as the No. 2 and sign someone like Kirk Cousins or trade for Justin Fields. If they want Mason to be the starting bridge guy, they could draft someone, but the defense isn’t getting any younger.
3. How drastic have the changes been since the release of Offensive Coordinator Matt Canada?
The play-calling is better, as is the utilization of their weapons. We’ve seen George Pickens move around a lot, rather than just be secluded to running comebacks and nine routes. The run game has also been fantastic. And obviously the play of Rudolph the past two weeks has been better than any quarterback over the last two years.
4. The Steelers have a fair few big names currently dealing with injury. What’s the confidence level heading into this game, and the postseason?
Minkah Fitzpatrick is their biggest remaining injury. He’s questionable for Saturday. Their linebackers have been snake-bitten all year. That said, Myles Jack has played very well over the last two weeks. I have confidence in the unit as a whole.
5. Steelers are favored by 3.5 points for Saturdays game? What are your thoughts on this line?
I expect a low-scoring game- the same as always with these two teams. The Steelers win, but Baltimore covers- 17-16.