The Baltimore Ravens (-9.5) begin the 2023 regular season at M&T Bank stadium as they face the Houston Texans (+9.5). Though it’s not an AFC North matchup, each win is worth its weight in gold in the crowded AFC.
Baltimore Ravens: 0-0
Houston Texans: 0-0
Odds (Courtesy of DraftKings Sportsbook)
Moneyline: Ravens -485; Texans +370
Odds/lines subject to change. T&Cs apply. See draftkings.com/sportsbook for details.
Last 5 Games In Series
Ravens have won four of the past five matchups.
Ravens lead series 10-2-0
- TE Mark Andrews (questionable) [expected OUT]
- CB Marlon Humphrey OUT
- LB Blake Cashman (hamstring)
- WR John Metchie III (hamstring)
- S Jimmie Ward (hip)
- RB Dare Ogunbowale (hamstring) [questionable]
According to reports, the Ravens are expected to be without tight end Mark Andrews. Sadly, that fully healthy offense with a wide array of weapons for quarterback Lamar Jackson will have to wait.
However, that doesn’t mean the Ravens are without. They will boast the full wide receiver corps that everybody has been dying to see on the gridiron.
Defensively, the Ravens are without cornerback Marlon Humphrey, their rock in the secondary. Though they have some star power at safety to make up for the loss of Humphrey, a lot will be riding on the shoulders of veterans Rock Ya-Sin, Arthur Maulet and Ronald Darby. The Ravens hope to get enough from a trio of veteran free agent additions this offseason to take care of business against a rookie quarterback in C.J. Stroud.
Quick Hits (Courtesy of the Baltimore Ravens)
- Ravens have gone 13 straight games with multiple sacks, dating back to last season, marking the NFL’s longest active streak.
- 16 straight games with 100 rushing yards, marking the NFL’s longest active streak.
- 6 consecutive Week 1 Home games permitting one touchdown or fewer, marking the NFL’s longest active streak
- 3 straight home openers scoring 35+ points, tied for the NFL’s longest streak since 1970.