With the Kansas City Chiefs losing to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football, the Baltimore Ravens are now the No. 1 seed in the AFC! They are one of three teams with eight or more wins (Eagles have nine, Detroit Lions have eight).
1. Baltimore Ravens (8-3)
2. Kansas City Chiefs (7-3, 5-1 AFC)
3t. Jacksonville Jaguars* (7-3, 5-2 AFC)
3t. Miami Dolphins* (7-3, 5-2 AFC)
5. Cleveland Browns (7-3)
6. Houston Texans (6-4, win over PIT)
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-4, loss to HOU)
8. Buffalo Bills (6-5)
9. Indianapolis Colts (5-5, 4-3 AFC)
10. Denver Broncos (5-5, 2-4 AFC)
11. Cincinnati Bengals (5-5, 1-5 AFC)
12. Las Vegas Raiders (5-6)
13. Los Angeles Chargers (4-6, win over NYJ)
14. New York Jets (4-6, loss to LAC)
15. Tennessee Titans (3-7)
16. New England Patriots (2-8)
That’s right, folks. Even after the frustrating losses. After the dismal performances, the intercontinental travel and everything, the Ravens are the front-runners in the NFL.
It makes sense when you realize they’re loaded as a team. They have a top-tier quarterback, one of the best rushing DVOAs and on defense they’re situational elite, clobbering teams on third down, in the red zone and making teams pay a premium to get points on the board.
The Ravens are for real. And though they face a gauntlet of a back-half schedule, they have are in possession of the No. 1 seed and control their destiny for the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC to come through The Bank.