The first day of “legal tampering” occurred today and the AFC North was busy. The first minute of free agency kicked off with the Cincinnati Bengals signing an offensive lineman to help bolster the protection of quarterback Joe Burrow. They remained busy by signing a second, and also were reportedly attempting to sign C Ryan Jensen before he re-signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers following the retirement renouncement from Tom Brady. In Pittsburgh, the Steelers may have their starting quarterback of 2022 as they signed quarterback Mitchell Trubisky.
- Signed QB Mitchell Trubisky to a two-year deal
- Re-signed OT Chukwuma Okarafor
- Signed C Mason Cole to a three-year deal
- Tendered LB Robert Spillane
- Signed OG Alex Cappa to a four-year, $40 million deal
- Signed OL Ted Karras to a three-year, $18 million deal
- Re-signed DL B.J. Hill to a three-year, $30 million deal
- Lost DL Larry Ogunjobi to the Chicago Bears
- Traded for WR Amari Cooper
- Signed DT Taven Bryan to a one-year deal worth up to $5 million
- Released WR Jarvis Landry
- lol, you thought.