A slow-churning football game by the Baltimore Ravens buried the Washington Football Team. While the score looks close, the game didn’t feel like it as they ended the match 31-17.
MVP: CB Marlon Humphrey
After getting paid earlier this week, the NFL’s best cornerback forced yet another fumble by stripping and/or punching the pigskin. He played a great game and though other Ravens may have had a better game, the MVP goes to No. 44.
- Mark Andrews: A bounceback game by the tight end who caught all three targets for 57 yards and found the endzone twice.
- Marquise Brown: A few solid catches by Hollywood and a debatable one-yard line placement left him off the scoresheet but 86 receiving yards is a reasonable consolation prize.
- Lamar Jackson: The man went 14/21 for 193 yards and two passing touchdowns. He also added another 64 yards on the ground, with one run going 50 yards for a touchdown! Jackson did throw his first interception of the season, though it was arguably not his fault so much as Miles Boykin failing to turn around and catch the ball.
- Gus Edwards: Salt the game away with a 4th & 1 carry? Continue to show that you’re worthy of getting the ball more? Good game for the Bus.
- Mark Ingram: A solid affair with Ingram getting 4.3 yards per carry on eight rushing attempts and scoring a one-yard touchdown.
- Justin Tucker: Only called on for one field goal but he buried the 46-yarder and hit 4/4 on the PATs.
- Sam Koch: Knocking all three punts inside the 20-yard line is great but hitting a tossing a first down on the fake punt certainly makes the list here. He’s now 7/7 passing!
- Matt Judon: Sacks No. 1 and No. 2 for his 2020 season. He’s been close all season and finished the plays this game!
- Patrick Queen: The rookie totaled 10 solo tackles today. He was attacked constantly and yet, he came up big when it counted.
- James Proche: I liked what I saw from the punt returner. He looks ready to break one off for a solid gain soon!
- Anthony Averett: Started at outside cornerback today and wasn’t picked on much. Even had a PBU.
- Jaylon Ferguson: Good to see another edge rusher get involved in the sack department as he gets his first of 2020.
*= This title does not mean these players are losers. They played a poor game. It happens to the best players and should be taken lightly.
- Miles Boykin: A great fourth-down catch from Sam Koch doesn’t make up for the mistake of not getting around and fighting for the ball that became Jackson’s first interception in 90 passing attempts. He didn’t get in the Harbaugh doghouse, as the Ravens went right back to him on the first play of the second half. Just have to come back and step up next week.
- Robert Griffin III: Gets to play against his former team on FedEx Field and an overthrow to Hollywood notches Kendall Fuller’s second interception of the game.