Many votes were tallied, and four players received over 10% of the vote, but only one could win. Joining the Ravens: WR D.J. Moore. Won’t be a long trip from the University of Maryland.
Now on the clock, the Los Angeles Chargers!
Previous voting links:
- Cleveland Browns — Sam Darnold
- New York Giants — RB Saquon Barkley
- New York Jets — QB Josh Rosen
- Cleveland Browns — DE Bradley Chubb
- Denver Broncos — QB Baker Mayfield
- Indianapolis Colts — OG Quenton Nelson
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — SS Derwin James
- Chicago Bears — LB Tremaine Edmunds
- San Francisco 49ers — DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Oakland Raiders — LB Roquan Smith
- Miami Dolphins — DT Vita Vea
- Buffalo Bills — QB Josh Allen
- Washington Redskins — CB Denzel Ward
- Green Bay Packers — DE Marcus Davenport
- Arizona Cardinals — QB Lamar Jackson
- Baltimore Ravens — WR D.J. Moore
- OT Mike McGlinchey — In a division with Von Miller, Justin Houston and Khalil Mack, a strong offensive line is pertinent. The Chargers need to upgrade from Russel Okung and Joe Barksdale.
- OT Connor Williams — Just like McGlinchey, he’s an option for the Chargers at 16.
- LB Rashaan Evans — The Chargers are hurting on the interior. Yes, they have great pass rushers in Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram, but they can’t do anything if the middle of the field is open for business.
- DT Da’Ron Payne — The edge rushers cannot make all the plays. Finding a strong, run-stopping defensive tackle is necessary for success. The Chargers picked up Brandon Mebane back in 2016, and this is the final year of the 33-year old’s contract. Acquiring a young defensive prospect will help adjust if they want to move on from Mebane after the 2018 season.
- CB Mike Hughes — The Chargers are strong in the corner department, but if readers do enjoy the ‘best player available’ approach, this is a possibility.
- WR Calvin Ridley — Keenan Allen is an incredible talent, when healthy. Ravens fans know the ending of that sentence far too often, and a replacement/addition can help mitigate disaster. Giving Phillip Rivers all the weapons for a final push may be the right idea.
With the 17th pick in the 2018 Beatdown mock draft, the LA Chargers select, __________?
This poll is closed
Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
Connor Williams, OT, Texas
Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama