A good competition for the thirteenth overall selection ends with CB Denzel Ward. Quite the far fall for a top NFL prospect.
The Green Bay Packers are on the clock!
Previous voting links:
- Cleveland Browns — Sam Darnold
- New York Giants — RB Saquon Barkley
- New York Jets — QB Josh Rosen
- Cleveland Browns — DE Bradley Chubb
- Denver Broncos — QB Baker Mayfield
- Indianapolis Colts — OG Quenton Nelson
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — SS Derwin James
- Chicago Bears — LB Tremaine Edmunds
- San Francisco 49ers — DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Oakland Raiders — LB Roquan Smith
- Miami Dolphins — DT Vita Vea
- Buffalo Bills — QB Josh Allen
- Washington Redskins — CB Denzel Ward
- OT Mike McGlinchey — Both Brian Bulaga and David Bakhtiari are great tackles in the NFL, but health has been a factor for the trenchmen in recent years. Last season, both men were off the field at the same time. There may be greater needs here, but with the greatest quarterback on the field, protection is vital towards the teams’ success.
- WR Calvin Ridley — Jordy Nelson is gone, and Randall Cobb is not capable of 40 receptions a game from Aaron Rodgers. The good news, the Packers aqcuired Jimmy Graham this offseason, and they can pair Aaron with a rookie receiver which will ultimately transform into a 1,000-yard receiver, as Green Bay does so well.
- CB Mike Hughes — While the dream of Denzel Ward falling one more pick vanished, the Packers can take solace in Hughes being their runner up. Though the Packers upgraded the secondary with Tramon Williams, they can further upgrade their team with another top cornerback prospect in the 2018 draft.
- DE Marcus Davenport — When people talk of high ceiling performers, it’s wise to include Davenport in the discussion. The physical tools are there, and if they can develop Marcus, he’ll pay dividends in return. Rated the 12th best prospect in this draft means he’s slipped slightly. Now to see who believes he’s their man.
- RB Derrius Guice — The Packers’ current starter, Ty Montgomery, is a multi-purpose player. He’s not a clear tailback nor receiver. While Rodgers is a miracle worker, he can’t also carry the ball twenty times a game. With a running game, the Packers’ offense is unstoppable. Certainly when your NFL comparison is Marshawn Lynch.
With the 14th pick in the 2018 Beatdown mock draft, the Green Bay Packers select, __________?
This poll is closed
Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame
Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
Derrius Guice, RB, LSU