At no point was it a question, with the 19th pick, Jerry Jones is sprinting to the podium, selecting WR Calvin Ridley.
The Detroit Lions are on the clock!
Previous voting links:
- Cleveland Browns — Sam Darnold
- New York Giants — RB Saquon Barkley
- New York Jets — QB Josh Rosen
- Cleveland Browns — DE Bradley Chubb
- Denver Broncos — QB Baker Mayfield
- Indianapolis Colts — OG Quenton Nelson
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — SS Derwin James
- Chicago Bears — LB Tremaine Edmunds
- San Francisco 49ers — DB Minkah Fitzpatrick
- Oakland Raiders — LB Roquan Smith
- Miami Dolphins — DT Vita Vea
- Buffalo Bills — QB Josh Allen
- Washington Redskins — CB Denzel Ward
- Green Bay Packers — DE Marcus Davenport
- Arizona Cardinals — QB Lamar Jackson
- Baltimore Ravens — WR D.J. Moore
- Los Angeles Chargers — OT Mike McGlinchey
- Seattle Seahawks — OT Connor Williams
- Dallas Cowboys — WR Calvin Ridley
- OG Will Hernandez — No doubt, the Lions need blockers up front for Matthew Stafford. While T.J. Lang is a solid right guard, Kenny Wiggins was not such a great performer, ranking 70th as a guard, according to PFF. Shoring up the Lions’ front could bring better protection for Stafford, but also balance the run game. The threat of the Lions run game fell off with the injury of Jahvid Best.
- EDGE Harold Landry — The Lions’ front includes some strong players, including A’Shawn Robinson and Ziggy Ansah, but they need to hit Aaron Rodgers if they want to win football games. Landry is a player to think about at pick number 20.
It’s the pick of the litter here, as the Lions did not re-sign TE Eric Ebron. If they so choose, they can use a first round pick to replace the former first rounder. Below are all three.
4. TE Hayden Hurst
5. TE Dallas Goedert
6. TE Mike Gesicki
7. DT Da’Ron Payne — The Lions need another defensive tackle alongside Robinson. Pairing the Alabama defensive tackle with another is a great option here at 20. While it’s not the greatest need, it’s still a slight need with a ‘best player available’ mentality.
8. RB Derrius Guice — NFL.com has tailback as a listed need for the Lions, but I believe this is overblown. As it stands, the Lions have Ameer Abdullah, Theo Riddick and Legarrette Blount on the roster. While Guice would be a good player for Detroit, I think this is something they address later on.
With the 20th pick in the 2018 Beatdown mock draft, the Detroit Lions select, __________?
This poll is closed
Will Hernandez, OG, UTEP
Harold Landry, EDGE, Boston College
Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina
Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota State
Mike Gesicke, TE, Penn State
Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama
Derrius Guice, RB, LSU