Another runaway pick in the fanvote! While Minkah Fitzpatrick received 250 votes, Derwin James stole the show with more than double the amount, totaling 58% of the entire vote! James won’t need to travel far from Tallahassee, as he stays in the Sunshine State.
Previous voting links:
- Cleveland Browns — QB Sam Darnold
- New York Giants — RB Saquon Barkley
- New York Jets — QB Josh Rosen
- Cleveland Browns — DE Bradley Chubb
- Denver Broncos — QB Baker Mayfield
- Indianapolis Colts — OG Quenton Nelson
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Derwin James
A big change in climate, as the draft heads to the Windy City. Chicago Bears, you’re on the clock!
- LB Tremaine Edmunds — A multi-tooled threat with ridiculous size and athleticism. At eighth overall, Edmunds is a great option. Yes, the Bears have Danny Trevathan and Nick Kwiatkoski, but the Bears need a trio to turn from good to great. Edmunds will help solidify the defense into prime form. Daniel Jeremiah has Edmunds as the fifth best prospect in the draft. They’re capable of acquiring him at eight.
- DB Minkah Fitzpatrick — The Bears are rather set at cornerback, and their safety duo is strong, but they face Aaron Rodgers twice a season. Can’t go wrong with the Alabama safety. Speaking of Daniel Jeremiah’s top prospects, Minkah lands at six, only one less than Tremaine.
- DT Vita Vea — Pulling double-teams to the inside helps free up the rush for others, but Vita Vea still managed to produce big tackles for loss at Washington. This isn’t the biggest need for Chicago, but it’s not about need in the top ten, it’s about acquiring the best possible player, in a great fit.
- CB Denzel Ward — Many are beginning to love Denzel Ward as the top cornerback in the draft, and I can’t blame them. His skill in man coverage is hard to beat, and as I mentioned with Minkah, playing against Aaron Rodgers forces you to have skilled cornerbacks. They’d have three starters in Chicago, something Ohio State had with Marshon Lattimore, Gareon Conley and Ward.
- EDGE Harold Landry — A wildcard, as he’s not a ‘top prospect’, but he’s certainly a great player from Boston College. He’s a great fit in the Bears scheme, too. Landry has the moves to produce as a pass-rush specialist. Getting to the quarterback is one of the most important aspects of football; Landry can do it.
With the eighth pick in the 2018 Beatdown mock draft, the Chicago Bears select, __________?
This poll is closed
Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Va Tech
Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
Vita Vea, DT, Washington
Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
Harold Landry, DE, Boston College