To the Ravens News...
Maryland WR D.J. Moore says he had informal meeting with Ravens; intrigued by playing for them. — Baltimore Beatdown
To be fair, players will express desire to play for any team in interviews, but given he was a star at Maryland, his desire is likely genuine to remain in the state as a Baltimore Raven.
Moore said he spoke to former Maryland receivers Stefon Diggs and Torrey Smith before the combine. As you know, Smith was drafted by the Ravens in 2011 and had, by far, his best years with them.
Writer Note: If Maclin and Wallace are out of the picture, an infusion of youth and speed would be welcomed.
Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome looking for better targets for Joe Flacco — ESPN.com
The Ravens’ wide receivers totaled the fourth-fewest receiving yards last season with 3,235 yards. In the final year of his contract with the Ravens, Wallace was held under 1,000 yards receiving for the fifth time in the past six seasons. Maclin produced a career-worst 440 yards receiving on 40 catches, and Baltimore can create $5 million in cap space by cutting him.
Writer Note: Going back to the Moore point, an infusion of younger receivers would help a lot.
Ravens notes : J. Smith progressing; Siragusa has knee procedure; Moore, Ridley visit Ravens — Baltimore Sun
Smith has been at the team facility on a regular basis rehabbing the injury, which could jeopardize his readiness for the start of the 2018 season. Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome said he spoke at the NFL scouting combine with Smith’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, and Rosenhaus confirmed that the 29-year-old cornerback is making good progress.
“I see Jimmy. He’s there because he’s rehabbing. I see him in the building. He’s telling me he’s doing very well,” Newsome said. “I spoke with Drew earlier in the week and Drew indicated that he just spent some time with Jimmy and Jimmy was doing well.”
Writer Note: Smith when healthy is a top-10 cornerback. I’m curious to see how the suspension factors into his outlook later on.
Report: Charges against Ravens’ Marlon Humphrey dismissed by judge — Baltimore Beatdown
According to Tuscaloosa News’ Stephanie Taylor, Tuscaloosa county district Judge Joanne Jannik dismissed the robbery charges against Ravens cornerback Marlon Humphrey.
Humphrey’s lawyer, Paul Patterson, spoke on the ruling.
Patterson said, “The evidence was overwhelming that the Uber driver was the aggressor and escalated a situation that could have been resolved without wasting the time and resources of our local law enforcement. Marlon can now continue on the path of success in the NFL. As I stated in the beginning, Marlon has 11 million reasons why not to steal a three dollar phone charger”, via Stephanie Taylor.
Humphrey was arrested on Thursday, January 25th and charged with third-degree robbery for a confrontation with an Uber driver, where he allegedly stole a $15 phone charger. However, the charges have, now, been dismissed.