What a wild ride the fifth overall pick was. I woke up to Quenton Nelson with the early lead, but after a crazy back-and-forth, QB Baker Mayfield overtook the guard with a grand total of 1,429 votes! At one point, Nelson nearly came back, only 25 votes from overtaking the top spot, when both were above 1,000 each.
Now, the Denver Broncos acquired a new quarterback, whether he sits the first season or overtakes Case Keenum though, is another question.
Previous voting links:
- Cleveland Browns — Sam Darnold
- New York Giants — Saquon Barkley
- New York Jets — Josh Rosen
- Cleveland Browns — Bradley Chubb
- Denver Broncos — Baker Mayfield
Up next, the Indianapolis Colts. You’re on the clock!
- OG Quenton Nelson — So close to landing with Denver, but now a chance to provide protection for Jacoby Brissett, or Andrew Luck. They’ll need the protection too, as both Jacksonville and Houston both field terrifying front sevens.
- LB Tremaine Edmunds — Colts fans are certainly disappointed with both Saquon Barkley and Bradley Chubb being selected in the top four, but they have the chance to select a great hybrid linebacker with Edmunds. He’s a physical freak, with the tape to match. He’s a multi-tooled threat, with pass rush skills and abilities in both the running and passing game.
- LB Roquan Smith — Some criticize his size, which is fair, but at the WILL position, he’s capable of getting to the ball quickly. He led the Georgia Bulldogs defense with 95 tackles last season, and I’m confident he can make plays at the next level.
- DE Marcus Davenport — In this mock draft, there are no trades. If there were, Colts fans would jump down a few pegs and scoop up Davenport later. But they can’t now, and he’s an option here at five. Davenport is a nightmare for opposing lineman, racking up 8.5 sacks and three forced fumbles last season. He is a great fit for their new 4-3 defense, and an immediate impact player.
- DB Minkah Fitzpatrick — While the Colts drafted Malik Hooker last year, and it’s not fun picking back-to-back first rounders on the same position, these are two highly talented safeties being paired together. Fitzpatrick is also not only one of the best defensive players in this draft, he’s one of the best players overall. He’s a playmaker, and the Colts sure would love some defensive, blue-chip talent.
With the sixth pick in the 2018 Beatdown Mock draft, the Indianapolis Colts select, __________?
This poll is closed
Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame
Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Va Tech
Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama