The first ‘surprise’ of the Beatdown mock draft arrives only two picks into the draft. Receiving 270 of the possible 767 votes, Saquon Barkley joins the New York Giants.
I am slightly surprised by the final tally. While Saquon Barkley is a soon-to-be star tailback in the NFL, I figured the Jason Pierre-Paul trade would push the tally towards Bradley Chubb. It was close, though.
First overall voting total: Cleveland Browns
Second overall voting total: New York Giants
The New York Jets are now on the clock!
- QB Josh Rosen — Does Rosen only ‘fall’ a single pick, but still land in New York? As I’ve published twice now, he’s thought to be the most talented quarterback in the draft. No doubt this is a big possibility.
- QB Baker Mayfield — The Jets made a big trade to third overall for a reason. I believe they calculated this trade with the belief of both the Browns and Giants taking Darnold and Rosen back-to-back. They may want Mayfield this badly. Now, in this draft, they have their pick of the litter.
- DE Bradley Chubb — The Jets signed both Josh McCown and Teddy Bridgewater in the offseason. Is this enough for them to stray from a quarterback? Bridgewater hasn’t played but a single game since his gruesome injury during the Minnesota Vikings training camp in 2016. If there is true confidence in McCown & Bridgewater, a star pass rusher can always provide a boost for an NFL team.
- QB Josh Allen — Just like mentioned above, the Jets traded up to three for a reason. He’s a possibility here.
- OG Quenton Nelson — I don’t believe the Jets trade up to third overall for a guard, but there’s a need. Felt it was worth placing his name in the poll.
With the third pick in the 2018 Beatdown Mock draft, the New York Jets select, __________?
This poll is closed
Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
Quenton Nelson, OG, Notre Dame