Welcome, welcome, one and all,
for you, the fans, please answer this call!
Today, we begin a series based upon your voice!
Each day, for the next 32 days, Baltimore Beatdown will release a poll to the fans, in order to produce our own mock draft. Hundreds to thousands will vote, determining democratically, who will be drafted by each NFL team. We begin today with the Cleveland Browns.
“The Browns are on the upswing! They’re going to rule the AFC North soon!” — comments made by every NFL fan, every time the Browns meet the offseason.
But now they’ve acquired a plethora of talent, boosted their picks with an 0-16 season, and finally, finally, finally, look to turn a corner.
They possess the first overall pick and it’s time for the fans to vote!
- QB Sam Darnold — Coincidentally, his pro day was today. He’s been the favorite for the Browns for a while now, and he’ll have the opportunity to sit and learn behind Tyrod Taylor, before being thrown to the wolves of the AFC North. All of the Browns big names attended Darnold’s pro day, and it’s hard to imagine he won’t be the first overall selection.
- QB Josh Rosen — Another man under center, as the Browns have their pick of the litter. Some have Rosen as the best quarterback in this draft, including Dan Kadar.
- RB Saquon Barkley — Without a doubt, the most explosive player in this draft. Some say he’s the best back since Adrian Peterson. Others herald him as the next LaDanian Tomlinson. Either way, he’s a possible first overall selection. Brett Kollmann posted a Film Room piece, and it’s incredible. “If any of those teams pass on Barkley for any reason other than taking a quarterback, then I will be extremely disappointed.” — Brett Kollmann
- DE Bradley Chubb — The dark-horse pick, but still valid. If the Browns don’t take a quarterback, and are confident with Carlos Hyde and Duke Johnson Jr., they’ll load more power into their defense by pairing Chubb with Myles Garrett.
- QB Baker Mayfield — Everybody is comparing Mayfield to Johnny Manziel, but the buck stops with his confidence. His on-the-field product is nowhere near the same. Baker hits all the throws, and played in big games. He’s a total possibility for the Browns, and I’m not ruling him out. Maybe not with the first overall, but who knows, it’s the draft!
- QB Josh Allen — He is raw, but the Browns are now in a position to allow Allen the opportunity to develop. He has incredible physical traits, but those alone will not win many football games. He is a possibility at first overall.
With the first pick in the 2018 Beatdown Mock draft, the Cleveland Browns select, __________?
This poll is closed
Sam Darnold, QB, USC
Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming