The 2017 NFL scouting combine kicked off on Wednesday with the running backs and offensive lineman position group measurements.
- Leonard Fournette - Weighed in at a chiseled 240 pounds, seven pounds heavier than big back D’onta Foreman. He is a physical specimen, a sub 4.45 40-yard dash would be phenomenal at this size.
- Dalvin Cook - 210 pounds at 5’10” is a quality official measurement for a speed rusher. Above average 9 1/4” hands might be more important considering his expected role at the next level.
- Cam Robinson - Prototypical size for a tackle at 6’6” 322 pounds with long 35 1/4” arms and 10 1/2” hands. There are whispers that the media has underrated his ability as an offensive tackle.
- Dion Dawkins - Underrated Temple product checked in at 6’4” 314 pounds and 35” arms. He should be well equipped physically at guard or right tackle.
- Christian McCaffrey - Was only able to add five pounds from his listed weight. Hard to imagine he can avoid injuries in the NFL with a big workload at 200 pounds.
- Forrest Lamp - The late rising Western Kentucky blocker has some of the shortest arms in the group at 32 1/4”. This should cement his place as an interior blocker only.