Seemingly every day a new injury occurs during the Baltimore Ravens training camp. On Saturday both Chris Matthews and Ronnie Stanley left practice due to soft tissue injuries. Today Maxx Williams and Daniel Brown both left practice early and did not return. Every day another player goes down. Are the Ravens losing players to injuries, or are they being cautious while it’s only training camp and preseason?
As Jamison Hensley of ESPN stated, "By the end of Monday’s practice, the Ravens were left with just one tight end (Benjamin Watson) who wasn’t injured or facing suspension, and nearly half of their wide receivers are sidelined."
It’s has become baffling each afternoon, as you notice another one being taken back to the locker/training room.
On offense alone, there are eleven players nursing injuries.
- Breshad Perriman - Knee
- Steve Smith Sr. - Achilles
- Michael Campanaro - strains
- Chris Moore - Undisclosed
- Chris Matthews - soft tissue/undisclosed
- Ronnie Stanley - soft tissue/undisclosed
- Lorenzo Taliaferro - foot
- Maxx Williams - undisclosed
- Daniel Brown - undisclosed
- Crockett Gillmore - hamstring
- Dennis Pitta - finger strain
Add in the five defensive players also not in camp currently.
- Terrell Suggs - Achilles
- Elvis Dumervil - foot
- Jumal Rolle - Achilles
- Cavellis Luckett - undisclosed
- Maurice Canady - undisclosed
It’s quite peculiar as the Ravens added Steve Saunders for all the injuries in back-to-back seasons, yet camp so far is riddled with absent numbers. Hopefully these injuries stop soon, or at least slow down, for at this rate I can’t imagine Baltimore fielding a good team.