clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Bengals WR Mohamed Sanu is unlikely to return, according to reports

New, comments

The dis-assemblage of the Cincinnati Bengals continues, according to some, as their third receiver option, who has proven himself as a starter, is looking to leave.

No MO of this, please and thank you.
No MO of this, please and thank you.
Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports

Cincinnati Bengal Wideout Mohamed Sanu has virtually no chance to return to the Bengals, according to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports.

Sanu told Marvez Thursday that his agent Mike McCartney "hasn't really said anything about communication with the Bengals" regarding a new contract, says Marvez's article.

"We're just being patient, You never know as the next couple weeks heat up. We'll see what happens."

Sanu saw diminished playing time in 2015, as he had been a replacement for injured starters A.J. Green and Marvin Jones prior. He hurt the Ravens in 2014, catching 5 passes for 125 yards, including a 53 yard bomb. He also rushed twice for 27 yards.

Check out the interview for yourself:

If he were to be released, he would immediately be one of the top wideouts available, alongside Seattle's Jermaine Kearse and Chicago's Alshon Jeffrey, both of whom similarly could be cap casualties.

"I think about [getting a larger role] all the time," he said. "When you've got so much talent on one team, it's hard to get the ball. It definitely crossed my mind going elsewhere. We've just got to see how everything unfolds."

Marvez is a credible source here; how often does a player photobomb a journalist if not enjoying a good rapport?

Ravens fans will be glad to see Sanu go and get his financial reward elsewhere. Preferably outside of the AFC North. (Or inside of The Castle?)