Another abysmal display by the Baltimore Ravens. Two road trips to New York leaves this team with a 3-4 record. The Ravens offense couldn’t muster up a single touchdown, with the final score being 16-24.
Hard not to say everybody, but a few people did do well enough to be mentioned as Winners. Obviously this will come later.
- Alex Lewis - holding penalty negates fifty yard run by Terrance West. Killed all momentum for Baltimore.
- John Urschel, Jeremy Zuttah, Ryan Jensen, Rick Wagner - Flacco got beat to hell, and the Ravens had more run plays than yards.
- Dennis Pitta - Haven’t seen him since his blow up game of over 100 yards.
- Timmy Jernigan - You’re not going to run it 95 yards for the score. Fall on the ball.
- Tavon Young - Three missed tackles and getting picked on by Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Ugly. Topped off with concussion protocol.
- Lardarius Webb - Terrible play and he’s not a safety. Stop pretending he is. Also now out with hamstring issue
- Kamalei Correa - First start and he can’t produce. That’s a second round pick and I didn’t hear his name at all. He’s credited with 1 solo tackle.
- John Harbaugh - Where is the coaching? The discipline? This team lacks and the coaching must be pointed at.
- Dean Pees - You just let the Jets put up 24 points
- Ravens fans - You actually watched the entire game, didn’t you? I’m sorry.
After typing these names all out, I feel it would have been easier to name all the players who were not at fault this game:
Eric Weddle: One bad angle but the ballcarrier never should have got to him. He cut it bad because the corners and linebacker already should have taken him down. Had nine tackles today, because he’s the only one making plays.
Jimmy Smith: Coverage was great
Justin Tucker: Trying his best as a kicker to win MVP
Darren Waller: Good job on special teams
Matt Judon: Two sacks, something of a miracle for the Ravens pass rush.
Mike Wallace: 10 catches for 120 yards, he’s the Ravens receiving game. Cover him and watch Baltimore crumble.
Chris Moore: A fantastic special teams play. Couldn’t be more thrilled with that awareness and instinct.
Joe Flacco: Two bad picks, but let’s not act like he’s the main reason for failure. The line gave him nothing and there wasn’t a run game. He was hit on seven straight passes. C’mon.
Brandon Williams: A sack for the Hulk and a block. If only the entire line could be made of big B Williams.