2. — New England Patriots (12-4): Surprisingly, they lost the #1 seed at the last second, despite dominating much of the season.
5. — Kansas City Chiefs (11-5): Kansas City may not have won the west, but they ride a 10-game win streak into the playoffs.
6. — Pittsburgh Steelers (10-6): Hope the Steelers are sending a nice fruit basket to the Buffalo Bills.
1. — Carolina Panthers (15-1): The Panthers clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs for the first time.
2. — Arizona Cardinals (13-3): With the NFC West and a first-round bye now in hand, they did not have much to play for against Seattle, at it showed. At least they hope that's the only reason.
4. — Washington Redskins (9-7): The Redskins locked up the NFC East by beating the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday night, and boy are they on a roll. Let's see if they can do it against playoff caliber competition.
5. — Green Bay Packers (10-6): They struggled on offense to lose the division, dropping them to wild-card status, although they draw the easier opponent in Washington.
6.— Seattle Seahawks (10-6): Seattle, who's offense is on a serious roll, is hoping for a repeat of an earlier drubbing of the Vikings.