With the Super Bowl slowly approaching, we are set to watch the AFC championship game as the New England Patriots travel to Denver to take on the Denver Broncos and on the NFC side, the Arizona Cardinals will travel east to take on the Carolina Panthers in the NFC championship game. The Baltimore Ravens know how hard it is to get to the Super Bowl as they have a 2-2 all-time record in the AFC championship game.
But getting to the Super Bowl in itself isn't easy for anyone especially in the AFC. It's especially hard to win the Super Bowl multiple times if you are an NFL team from the AFC since 1980. Since the start of the 1980 season, only six AFC teams have won the Super Bowl and they are:
- Baltimore Ravens (two times)
- Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders (two times)
- Pittsburgh Steelers (two times)
- Denver Broncos (two times)
- Indianapolis Colts (one time)
- New England Patriots (four times)