A few days into training camp, and the Baltimore Ravens have just released the first edition of the defensive depth chart. Most of the selections are obvious, but there are always some notable things.
- It is interesting that Matt Elam is still listed on the depth chart, indicating that maybe the team has hope that he could only be out a few months and could end up being a candidate for IR designated to return (h/t Matthew Stevens on the podcast)
- While it may have seemed from all the reps he got in camp that Zach Orr was the 3rd ILB on the depth chart, both Allbert McClellan and Arthur Brown are listed ahead of him. Could Orr be the odd man out at ILB?
- Quinton Pointer over Greenwood, Jacobs, Walker and Vaughn at this point. It seemed that way from the 1st team reps in camp, but here it is in writing
- Trawick and Levine still ahead of Perry
- Lawrence Guy and Kapron-Lewis listed as primary backups at DE and DT, over Urban and Bilukidi. While the backup DL battle is wide open, most Ravens fans expect Urban to be a lock and possibly steal Canty's starting spot at some point. He has been getting reps with the starters though, and looked good at times