Flacco is being Flacco, and that's great.
MVP? 4000 yards? Lombardi Trophy? These are all accomplishments and accolades being tossed around for Joe Flacco to achieve this season. With the arrival of new Offensive Coordinator Marc Trestman, many think that these are all possible for Flacco, and practically everyone is expecting him to improve statistically this year.
But he isn't too worried about that.
When asked about what he would like to accomplish this season, Flacco's reply was, well, Flacco-like.
Flacco's 2015 Checklist
- Stay healthy
- Maintain strong communication with his OC Marc Trestman
- Work on his footwork
"[I’m] just working on my feet constantly," the franchise quarterback said. "Trying to make sure I keep them quick and constantly thinking about it and how it’s going to match up in the passing game [will be important]. When I’m in the shotgun, a lot of that changes, so once again, thinking about how that’s going to match up to getting the ball out on time [is important].
"You’re always learning new ways to protect things up, when to throw hot, so a lot of conceptual things and what’s the best thing to do [is what I need to focus on]. I think the communication between me and Marc is going to help out a lot on that."
- Joe Flacco, via BaltimoreRavens.com
- Put the team on my back, raise Lombardi Trophy. Head to Disney World for February vacation.
- NFL MVP
- 'Elitest' QB of All-Time?
- Steal back the 'Mighty Wings' from Larry Bird
- Throw a football at Cian Fahey's face (the guy who called him a '7th tier' QB)
- Finally win over 'PFTCommenter'
- After conquering aforementioned December goals, snack on the 'Candy of Champions', Haribo Gold Bears.
Wow. What a checklist for Flacco. However, I have faith in the Ravens' signal caller, if he accomplishes even one of these things, it will be a successful campaign.