The Ravens continue their slide down the charts to 1-6 as we creep closer to the halfway mark of a season that originally had Super Bowl expectations. Even though the game was close, the Ravens were unable to pull it out given the chance yet again to do so.
- Joe Flacco had his first positive grade as a passer this season (+1.8), ranking 9th out of all QBs this week.
- Steve Smith continues to excel, as his +2.9 overall grade ranks 4th among all WRs this week. Both Kamar Aiken and Marlon Brown struggled (-2.6 combined receiving grade).
- Eugene Monroe had the worst run blocking grade of any OT this week (-4.0), and Ricky Wagner wasn’t much better (-1.4, 47th).
- Marshal Yanda was the only member of the OL to have a good day with his +2.4 overall grade ranking 4th among RGs this week.
- Timmy Jernigan was the only member of the DL to grade well last night and his +1.2 pass rushing grade ranks 7th best among all 3-4 DEs this week.
- Brandon Williams did not grade up to his usual excellent standards as his +0.9 run defense grade ranks 11th among all DTs.
- Once again Elvis Dumervil got some good pressure while his teammates struggled. His +2.3 pass rushing grade tops all 3-4 OLBs for the week, while his 5 total pressures dwarf the combined total of Courtney Upshaw and Za’Darius Smith (1). The duo combined for a -1.7 pass rushing grade and both ranked in the bottom 10 on the week.
- Daryl Smith’s slide continues with another poor grade in coverage, this time a -1.8 that ranks 41st among all ILBs.
- Both Lardarius Webb (-3.0) and Jimmy Smith (-1.1) were roasted, the former ranking in the bottom 5 and the latter failing to crack the top 60.
- Brynden Trawick, filling in for the injured Kendrick Lewis, graded in the bottom 5 out of all safeties with a -2.5 overall grade.