We sit down with Pro Football Focus to get the down and dirty notes about the San Francisco 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens. How are certain players doing? How do the teams match up? Let's see...
- The tight end position is solid all the way through with Maxx Williams, Crockett Gillmore, and Nick Boyle all ranking in the top fifteen. (3rd, 10th, & 13th respectively)
- Marshal Yanda ranking first in the Guard position (+16.7) and Kelechi Osemele after a terrible start is firing away at +6.7 the last two games.
- Eugene Monroe bringing Flacco back from the depths of Hurst. From the worst ranked tackle in the league to 21st after only one full game.
- Flacco is the 35th ranked QB. His season is very much attributed to a hard schedule, and the worst left tackle in the NFL tearing him apart.
- Steve Smith is the 4th ranked receiver in the league.. but won't be playing. Other than SSSr no Baltimore receiver ranks in the top 50.
- Docter Zuttah and Mr. Jeremy have flip-floped in games. Two games he proves a strong match at +1.0 and another two games at -1.0.
- Justin Forsett in a running back pass loving offense is bottom five as a receiver and a pass protector.
San Francisco Offense
- Colin Kaepernick is the 36th ranked quarterback in the NFL. Also accuracy being ranked 28th helps the Ravens terrible cornerback situation.
- The best receiver for the niners is Torrey Smith at 27th in the league. No other outside threat ranks within the top 45.
- No tight end for the 49ers touches the top 30 as a pass catcher.
- Jordan Devey, a guard for the 49ers is 72nd ranked with a -10.3 grade.
- Marcus Martin is one of the worst at his position. The tackle is ranked 34th in the league, and at -19.4.
- Carlos Hyde with a turnstyle offensive line is the 3rd ranked running back at +6.5.
- Bruce Miller can still block ranking 5th for Fullbacks.
- Joe 'Didn't Derserve it' Staley is the 7th overall tackle in the NFL.
- Brandon Williams is far and away the best Nose tackle in the NFL. Topping run stopping charts at +16.9. Next closest Defensive Tackle is only +11.3.
- Lawrence Guy after a good game against Cleveland almost pushed into the Top 20.
- Will Hill, although struggling from the past few games still grades positively in all three phases of a safety. Still ranking top 5 in run support and only has dropped to 7th best in the overall ranking.
- The only good OLB on the team Elvis Dumervil (ranks 7th) has not practiced. Courtney Upshaw and Za'Darius Smith both rank bottom five.
- Daryl Smith now ranks outside the top thirty after another bad game. As a run defender Smith is down to 41st for inside linebackers.
- No cornerback ranks inside the top 80 besides Lardarius Webb who has not practiced this week.
- Newly acquired Shareece Wright was ranked 103rd last season. Definitely not boding well for the Ravens.
San Francisco Defense:
- Not a single defensive end for the squad rank inside the top 30. Their best (Quinton Dial) is the best of the starters at 41st.
- Hot shot start Ian Williams can't find the same strength as game one now only managing +.1 run stopping after a +3.0 start.
- Both inside linebackers are massive struggles. NaVorro Bowman is 14th in the league overall, and Michael Wilhoite ranks 43rd.
- Antoine Bethea and Eric Reid rank bottom fifteen with their coverage skills. (-2.3 & -2.4 respectively)
- Slot cornerback Jimmy Ward has a +1.9 coverage grade.
- Aaron Lynch has wrecked teams as a pass rusher grading +8.6 the past two weeks. Currently ranking 5th overall among outside linebackers.
This is going to be a slop-fest game mixed with mistakes. Baltimore and San Fran both look to have terrible defensive marks, and both have just enough weapons to embarress the opposition. Expect some points to be scored.