Bleacher Report, a well-known sports website, has a series called "NFL 1000," where writer Matt Miller ranks the top 50 players at each position in the NFL. Obviously, this is just his own opinion, but it's always fun to see lists like this, just to see if there are any Ravens on the list.
There is indeed one Raven on Miller's list, and that is NT Haloti Ngata, who is ranked at number sixteen. Being the sixteenth best defensive tackle in the NFL isn't too bad, but should he be higher?
Here's a list of the Top 15, who are the guys ahead of Ngata:
15. Pat Sims, Oakland Raiders
14. Malik Jackson, Denver Broncos
13. Jason Hatcher, Dallas Cowboys
12. Damon Harrison, New York Jets
11. Jared Odrick, Miami Dolphins
10. Kawann Short, Carolina Panthers
9. Geno Atkins, Cincinnati Bengals
8. Jurrell Casey, Tennessee Titans
7. Dontari Poe, Kansas City Chiefs
6. Randy Starks, Miami Dolphins
5. Ndamukong Suh, Detroit Lions
4. Brandon Mebane, Seattle Seahawks
3. Terrence Knighton, Denver Broncos
2. Marcell Dareus, Buffalo Bills
1. Gerald McCoy, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Ngata is a five-time Pro Bowler, including a Pro Bowl selection last season (was unable to attend, due to the expected birth of his third son.) All Pro Bowl selections have occurred in the last five seasons.
Ngata also had a decent 2013 season, as he recorded 52 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 3 passes defensed.
I personally believe Haloti Ngata should be higher on B/R's list, but what do you guys think?