The Baltimore Ravens and Detroit Lions have met three times in the regular season since the Ravens' Inaugural Season in 1996. Baltimore currently leads the series, 2-1, but Detroit will try and change that on Monday Night Football later tonight.
Here is a look at the last time the two teams played:
December 13th, 2009 -- Detroit Lions @ Baltimore Ravens -- Week 14
Score: Ravens win, 48-3.
ESPN: Rice's 166 yards on ground pace Ravens in colossal romp of Lions.
Ravens' Notable Performances:
- Joe Flacco: 13/20 with 230 yards and one touchdown.
- Ray Rice: 13 carries for 166 yards and a touchdown, 4 receptions for 53 yards.
- Willis McGahee: 12 carries for 76 yards and two touchdowns.
- Le'Ron McClain: 6 carries for 32 yards and a touchdown.
- Troy Smith: 2 carries for 14 yards and a touchdown.
- Derrick Mason: 5 receptions for 94 yards and a touchdown.
- Lardarius Webb: 7 tackles.
- Tom Zbikowski: 3 tackles and an interception.
- Chris Carr: 1 tackle and an interception.
This game started out in a boring fashion, as the only points scored in the first quarter were off of a Ravens' field goal, but the second quarter would be a lot more interesting.
In the second, Flacco threw a pass to Derrick Mason, he broke a tackle or two, and went off to the races for a 62-yard touchdown. Later in the quarter, the Lions would get their first and only points of the game off of a field goal.
A few minutes later, the Ravens hand the ball off to Ray Rice, who jukes and jives his way to the end zone for the 59-yard score. Towards the end of the quarter, Billy Cundiff hit another field goal, making it 20-3 at halftime.
The second half was ALL Baltimore. Four more touchdowns would be scored for the Ravens, all on the ground, as they get the dominating victory over the Detroit Lions.
The Ravens rush for 308 yards and five touchdowns in this one.
- Watch the highlights here, on NFL.com.