From the NFL, here is the official Press Release on Baltimore Ravens OLB Terrell Suggs being named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week for last weekend's completely disruptive performance in the team's 24-10 win over the Indianapolis Colts.
- Suggs totaled five tackles, three sacks and three forced fumbles in the Ravens’ 24-10 win over Indianapolis.
- Suggs’ three forced fumbles are the most in a single game by a Raven. He now has six forced fumbles this season, tied for an NFL-best (CLIFF AVRIL).
- His three sacks were the most in the AFC and tied for an NFL-best in Week 14. Suggs posted his third game of the season with three sacks.
- Suggs’ 13 sacks in 2011 lead the AFC and he needs 2.5 sacks to surpass PETER BOULWARE (15 in 2001) for the most sacks in a season in Ravens history.
- In his ninth season from Arizona State, this is Suggs’ fifth career Defensive Player of the Week Award. He most recently won the award in Week 12. Suggs (Weeks 1, 12 and 14), RAY LEWIS (Week 3) and JARRET JOHNSON (Week 4) are the Ravens to win Defensive Player of the Week this season.