Rounds 5-7 over at Mocking the Draft have now been finished up in the 3rd SB Nation blog-wide live draft. As deep as this draft is, it was not surprising to see some big names fall out of the top 4 rounds and into the last few rounds, adding great strength to many teams. If anyone forgets, the Ravens 152nd pick of the 5th rounds was sent to the Colts in a day 1 draft trade. Spread sheet of full results and big board.
A few interesting notes about the 5th-7th rounds.
- RB LeGarrette Blount falling to 136, picked by Buffalo
- SS Myron Rolle dropping to 139, picked by Jacksonville.
- St. Louis selecting QB Dan LeFevour with pick 151
- CB Syd'Quan Thompson dropping to the 6th round
- There is a QB named Billy Cundiff. Strange?
With the 153rd pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select....
5th (153) - Arthur Moats - OLB - James Madison (6'0" 250 lbs)
- Moats is a pass rushing OLB from right around the corner at the small D1AA school, James Madison. Although Moats played DE for a very underrated James Madison D-Line, his size suits him better as an Outside Linebacker who can put his hand in the dirt on some plays. Finished the 2009 season with 90 tackles (23.5 for loss) and 11 sacks as a DE. Was named to the All CAA first-team and voted the defensive player of the year in the Colonial Athletic Association. Strong bull rush and has some great finesse moves to get around bigger O-Lineman considering how small he is for a DE. Definitely will have to add on weight to be a strong pass rusher in the NFL. Has stated that he interviewed with Baltimore.
6th (184) - Trindon Holliday - WR/Returner - LSU (5'5" 166 lbs) Highlights
- One word to describe Holliday, explosive. Although extremely small, plays fearless as a WR catching the short out route and is one of the most dangerous return specialists in college football last year. Plays with a serious chip on his shoulder for being too small to play football. Great with the ball after the catch and uses his incredible speed, agility, and vision to make some huge plays. Does nto excell against a jam by the CB, but is very tough to stay with once he gets off of his fast release. Would sure up our return problems and allow Webb and Carr to focus on CB. Also a track star at LSU.
Undrafted Free Agents
- Javarris James - RB - Miami
- Kendrick Lewis - FS - Ole Miss
- Melvin Stephenson - CB - Texas-El Paso