RAVENS QB JOE FLACCO, PANTHERS QB MATT MOORE & FALCONS QB MATT RYAN; CHIEFS RB THOMAS JONES, RAIDERS RB DARREN McFADDEN & FALCONS RB MICHAEL TURNER CANDIDATES FOR FEDEX AIR & GROUND® NFL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK HONORS
Fans To Track Accomplishments, Vote For Winners On NFL.com
FedEx Delivers Pedestrian Safety Improvements
On Behalf of Winning Players In Their Teams’ Markets
Quarterbacks JOE FLACCO of the Baltimore Ravens, MATT MOORE of the Carolina Panthers and MATT RYAN of the Atlanta Falcons are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 24-25, while running backs THOMAS JONES of the Kansas City Chiefs, DARREN McFADDEN of the Oakland Raiders and MICHAEL TURNER of the Atlanta Falcons are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com. New this year, fans will be able to keep tabs on the achievements of their favorite Air & Ground players (and others) with the NFL Milestone Tracker, presented by FedEx.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program, FedEx continues its support of Safe Kids USA by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Safe Kids coalitions in that team’s city, is used for pedestrian safety improvements throughout the year, from upgraded crosswalks and safety signs to traffic barriers and educational training.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists: (after the 'Jump')
· Baltimore’s JOE FLACCO completed 16 of 31 passes for 250 yards and three touchdowns in the Ravens’ 37 – 34 overtime win over the Buffalo Bills.
· Carolina’s MATT MOORE led the Panthers to their first win of the season completing 28 of 41 passes for 308 yards and two touchdowns with one interception in the 23 – 20 victory over the San Francisco 49ers.
· Atlanta’s MATT RYAN led the Falcons to a 39-32 win over the Cincinnati Bengals completing 24 of 33 passes for 299 yards, three touchdowns with one interception.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· Kansas City’s THOMAS JONES rushed 20 times for 125 yards and one touchdown in the Chiefs’ 42 – 20 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars.
· Oakland’s DARREN McFADDEN rushed 16 times for 165 yards and three touchdowns in the Raiders’ 59 – 14 win over the Denver Broncos.
· Atlanta’s MICHAEL TURNER rushed 23 times for 121 yards and two touchdowns in the Falcons’ 39 – 32 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance among the league’s top-performing quarterbacks and running backs. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements in local communities, donating more than $13 million to Safe Kids Worldwide since 2000. Follow FedEx on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter @FedExDelivers and track the conversation at #FedExNFL.