I have 26 more days to enjoy my NFL Game Rewind so I thought, hey, why not produce a movie for our readers? I scrounged through the first eight games and picked out my favorite offensive plays from 2013. Not only did my computer freeze thrice, my video-editing software shut down like Robert Griffin III last December. After multiple attempts, 11 to be exact, I finally got the short film done.
Here are a few statistics you might want to read before you begin viewing:
- In his first eight games Joe Flacco tossed 10 touchdown passes and nine interceptions. Five of his ducks came against the Buffalo Bills.
- Flacco completed 184 passes in 310 attempts, which is a 59 percent completion rate. He attempted 62 passes in their "home opener" vs. the mighty Denver Broncos.
- Flacco was under heavy pressure all season long and sacked 25 times midway through. The offensive line didn't perform any better after that, allowing 23 more sacks.
- Wide receiver Marlon Brown accumulated 26 receptions, 297 yards and 5 touchdowns in his first seven starts; he did not play in Miami due to a strained hamstring.
- Jacoby Jones strained the medial collateral ligament in his right knee Week 1 vs. Denver.
- Torrey Smith had 36 catches for 707 yards in his first eight games, that's almost 20 yards-per-catch.
- This was a rare sight. The one (and only) time no injuries were reported.