If it's Super Bowl Sunday and the Ravens are in the big game, you have to have crab.
Crab. Mushroom. Cheese.
It's really all you need.
Here's an easy Super Bowl recipe that tastes like you put a lot of time and effort into it -- but you didn't. That's the best part. Here's the recipe for crab-stuffed mushroom caps that will be perfect to eat while you root for the Ravens on Sunday.
- 24 large mushrooms
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- minced garlic
- any flavor whipped cream cheese
- 1 can crab meat (or, if you want to pluck one from the ocean, go for it)
- Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Carve the mushroom so there's room to put the stuffing.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, three tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and crab meat.
- Pour a touch (1/2 teaspoon) of oil into each mushroom cap and add a few drops of minced garlic. Then put a tablespoon of the crab-cheese mixture into cheese cap. Add a little more parmesan cheese to the top of each mushroom cap.
- Place all the mushroom caps on a baking sheet and cover the top with tin foil. Bake at 350 F. After 45 minutes, switch the oven to broil, remove the foil and cook for five minutes.