Crab. Mushroom. Cheese.
It's really all you need.
Here's an easy Super Bowl recipe that tastes like you put a lot of time and effort into it -- but you didn't. That's the best part. Here's the recipe for crab-stuffed mushroom caps that will be perfect to eat while you root for the Ravens on Sunday.
- 24 large mushrooms
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- minced garlic
- any flavor whipped cream cheese
- 1 can crab meat (or, if you want to pluck one from the ocean, go for it)
- Parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Carve the mushroom so there's room to put the stuffing.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, three tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and crab meat.
- Pour a touch (1/2 teaspoon) of oil into each mushroom cap and add a few drops of minced garlic. Then put a tablespoon of the crab-cheese mixture into cheese cap. Add a little more parmesan cheese to the top of each mushroom cap.
- Place all the mushroom caps on a baking sheet and cover the top with tin foil. Bake at 350 F. After 45 minutes, switch the oven to broil, remove the foil and cook for five minutes.