1. Laradarius Webb - had a breakout year in 2011 and looks to be our #1 corner this year.
2. Jimmy Smith - has all the talent in the world to be a shutdown #1 corner
3. Cary Williams - had a solid 2011 season and looks to build on that. I like his size and potential. I hope we can sign him long term or at least attempt to trade him to get some value out of him.
4. Corey Graham - Special teams ace and could potentially be a good nickle or dime back.
5. Chykie Brown - I liked that we drafted him last year and have a feeling he could be a solid contributer to this team. I heard he is looking much more comfortable this year, but it is way to early to tell for sure. I like him though and hope he continues to turn heads
6. Danny Gorrer - great pick up last year. He is a solid backup and can play in nickel and dime packages. However, he is not starter worthy for us at this point.
7. Asa Jackson - Seems to have alot of talent and I've heard a lot of comparison's to Webb. If he turns into another Webb I will be very impressed.
8. Jordan Maybin - PS player who will most likely be cut
Safeties depth looks much weaker
1. Ed Reed - how much longer is he really going to play? Is he a liability in the run game and will he continue to take plays off to avoid injury? When he plays 100% all out he is the best FS in the game.
2. Bernard Pollard - I was very happy se signed him last year. I thought he should have started from day 1, but I guess he needed some time to digest the playbook. People rag on him because of his cover skills, or lack there of, but anyone who terrorizes Tom Brady and the Patriots is a player want.
3. Sean Considine - not a big fan of this guy. At this point I consider him to be a guy that takes up a roster spot. I know we want him for ST, but how much value does he really bring?
4. Emanuel Cook - we picked him up off waivers. I don't know much about him, but if the FO sees something in him... but I wouldn't be surprised if he is cut
5. Christian Thompson - Many of you on BB are high on this guy and I am excited to see what he can do. He is listed at FS but I've also read that he may better be projected at SS.
6. Omar Brown - Don't know much about him except he seems to be a PS body. Better impress somebody or he's gone
7. Cyhl Quarles - see what I wrote for Omar...
As you can see the depth and quality of players at corner far exceeds the talent of our backup safeties. With the Ed Reed issue looming, what if we converted Webb to safety which he played in college? I could see him potentially being a solution at FS and that opens the door at corner for one of the backups to fill in. Cary makes the most sense, but I am pulling for Chykie or even Asa. What do you think?