JAGUARS QB DAVID GARRARD, LIONS QB SHAUN HILL & TITANS QB VINCE YOUNG; BEARS RB MATT FORTE, TITANS RB CHRIS JOHNSON & RAVENS RB RAY RICE CANDIDATES FOR FEDEX AIR & GROUND® NFL PLAYERS OF THE WEEK HONORS
Fans To Track Accomplishments, Vote For Winners On NFL.com
FedEx Delivers Pedestrian Safety Improvements
On Behalf of Winning Players In Their Teams’ Markets
Quarterbacks DAVID GARRARD of the Jacksonville Jaguars, SHAUN HILL of the Detroit Lions and VINCE YOUNG of the Tennessee Titans are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on October 10-11, while running backs MATT FORTE of the Chicago Bears, CHRIS JOHNSON of the Tennessee Titans and RAY RICE of the Baltimore Ravens are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week, the NFL announced today.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through noon EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday evening on NFL.com. New this year, fans will be able to keep tabs on the achievements of their favorite Air & Ground players (and others) with the NFL Milestone Tracker, presented by FedEx.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· Jacksonville’s DAVID GARRARD led the Jaguars to a 36 – 26 win over the Buffalo Bills completing 16 of 20 passes for 178 yards and throwing three touchdowns with only one interception.
· Detroit’s SHAUN HILL completed 21 of 32 passes for 227 yards including three touchdowns in leading the Lions to a 44-6 win over the St. Louis Rams.
· Tennessee’s VINCE YOUNG led the Titans to a 34-27 win over the Dallas Cowboys completing 12 of 25 passes for 173 yards and two touchdowns.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· Chicago’s MATT FORTE rushed 22 times for 166 yards and two touchdowns in the Bears’ 23 – 6 win over the Carolina Panthers.
· Tennessee’s CHRIS JOHNSON rushed for 131 yards and two touchdowns over 19 carries in the Titans’ 34 – 27 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
· Baltimore’s RAY RICE rushed 27 times for 133 yards and two touchdowns in the Ravens’ 31 – 17 win over the Denver Broncos.
As the Official Delivery Service Sponsor of the NFL, Super Bowl and Pro Bowl, FedEx understands the need for a winning game plan, and created the Air & Ground program to highlight superior on-field performance among the league’s top-performing quarterbacks and running backs. Because FedEx has thousands of delivery trucks out on the roads each day, the company is committed to funding pedestrian safety improvements in local communities, donating more than $13 million to Safe Kids Worldwide since 2000. Follow FedEx on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter @FedExDelivers and track the conversation at #FedExNFL.