Although the jury is still out on whether we can do anything in the playoffs this year, I think we have learnt some things this season that should be very helpful for the future.
1) Kicker is a very important position. This year it is the difference between squeaking in as a wildcard and fighting for a bye.
2) We have found our kick returner: Parmale. Lock him up for a few years on the cheap, he might be the next Cribbs or Hester as he gets more comfortable. Good to have a guy like him as your main guy then stick a regular like Webb or Carr and risk injury.
3) It took a while for them to get settled, but we have some solid players in the secondary. I think Webb and Foxworth are a great tandem, but I would mind us bringing in another good player at CB to bump Carr to Dime back. You need 6 solid CB's, since we always seem to lose 2 or 3 to injury. I hope Ozzie signs a veteran and uses a midround draft pick on the position. Lose Walker for good.
4) Not sure we really need Reed out there. Zibikowski looked pretty good in his absence. Maybe there is something to be said for seeing if we can trade him. He is a great player, but he is getting up there in years and i'm not sure he is worth paying what he is making at this point. I will probably get bashed for this, but thats just my opinion.
5) Ellerbe is the next best thing for us Ravens fans. Gooden is a bust. I like Barnes too. We have great backers. Period.
6) When you have a great QB, it doesn't matter who is at WR. That said, I hope we spend some of our cap on Vincent Jackson. Brandon Marshall is good and all, and he would be a decent consolation price, but Jackson is sick. Flacco to Jackson is the future if we can pull it off. Outside that, if Mason doesnt come back, not sure who we sign to fill the void. I hope we bring back Kelley, Clayton (if he is not greedy), and demitrius and see what they can do.
7) Our O-line is sick when Gaither stays healthy. SICK!
8)We need a pass rush. BAD. We looked alot better in the second half of the season, and most of our losses were close, but we need to get to the QB.
9) I think we should have LOTS of cap room. Ogden and Mcnair off the books. Ngata needs an extension. Other than that, we should have some money to spend. Here are some links about the cap situation:
10) Wish list for the draft:
5- Depth and Special teams
I think this is a great draft for WR and CB's, might be worth trading up a little to pick up Haden from Florida or Dez Bryant. Either way, Ozzie is untouchable in my mind. I didnt question him this year cuz of his track record, and Oher and Webb look to be great additions. The jury is out on the rest of the picks. Of course I wish he had listened to me and grabbed Johnny Knox in the 5th round, specially cuz I love his name, but overall, you cannot complain about Ozzie. We just gotta hope this year doesn't go uncapped.