The Ravens control their own destiny, which is obviously where we want them to be. A 10-6 Ravens squad makes it in to the post-season. But it's no cakewalk. Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh and Oakland has shown itself to be an upset-happy team. And it goes without saying that an 8-8 Baltimore team would almost certainly be out of the money.
Where it gets interesting is if Baltmore goes 9-7. So how do the tiebreakers stack up?
Tiebreakers that could matter if Baltimore goes 9-7:
Baltimore wins tiebreakers over:
* Steelers - Head-to-head OR Div. Record.
* Broncos - Head-to-head.
* Texans - Conf. Record.
* Titans - Conf. Record.
Baltimore loses tiebreakers to:
* Jaguars - Conf. Record
* NY Jets - Common Opponents.
Baltimore and Miami is more nuanced. If Baltimore loses to Oakland, they still win the common opponents tiebreaker over the Dolphins. If Baltimore loses to Pittsburgh, it comes down to strength of victory.
(Because of the way these tiebreakers fall, most of them hold true in a 3-way tie as well.)
This gives us the rooting schedule for the last two weeks:
* NE over Jacksonville.
* Houston over Miami.
* NY Jets @ Indy. (I will not condone rooting for a Indy, no matter what the circumstances. Really a tie would be ideal.)
* Cleveland over Jacksonville.
* Cincinnati over NY Jets.
* Pittsburgh over Miami. (If the Ravens take care of business in Week 16, we won't have to worry about this one.)
See Bruce's additional thoughts in the comments.