This morning we launched the new + improved search feature designed
based on direct feedback from your communities and developed between
migrations, bug fixes and other feature upgrades.
When we built the platform, one of the big changes we made was to
include a new, powerful (and open source) search technology. However,
on our first release we didn't hit the target on the interface we
built to use it. Of course many members of your communities posted
ideas for improvement to our support email address and in your
threads. Based on all of that, and a few ideas of our own, we have
completed the next round of changes to search. As usual, we're never
done and we're eager to get feedback that we'll use into future
iterations of SB Nation search. And there may even be a few bugs here
& there. We're still beta!
Here is what we've done:
- Improved UI: clean, open search page designed for ease of scanning
results and to quickly find what you're looking for
- Comments are searchable again
- With one search you can view the number of results for all content:
front-page stories, FanPost, FanShots and comments. One click to view
- Relevant excerpts with highlighted keyword matches are displayed
with very result
- You can sort by date or by relevancy
- Pages for matching players, events and teams, including quick links
to stats, rosters, news and schedule are displayed in results
- Power search allows you to fine tune your query, show more results
per page and filter your search by user or date
- Easily increase the scope of your search by including results from
the league or the entire SB Nation network with the tabs at the top
- If you're looking for something posted by a particular user, just
click their name anywhere on the network and use the search box on
their profile to automatically filter results by their name.
And please ask anyone who finds a bug to send
it to email@example.com.